WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Tim Leader entity responsible for the processing of your personal data will depend on how you interact with Tim Leader’s Site and App and where you are located in the world.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHEN?
• contact details including name, email;
• login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
• images, photos and videos;
We comply with local laws and do not allow children to register on our Site or App when they are under the legal age limit of the country in which they reside. We will ask for parental consent for children participating in Tim Leader experiences and events.
TOOLS TO MANAGE WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When using our App and Site, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to use your location or send push notifications. We may obtain this consent through the App or Site or using the standard permissions available on your device. In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
To Provide the Features of the Site, App, and Services You Request
When you use our Site and App, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase on Tim Leader or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you consent, we will send you marketing communications and news concerning Tim Leader’s products, services, events and other promotions. You can opt-out at any time after you have given your consent.
If you are an existing customer of Tim Leader, we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Tim Leader products or services where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site and App.
To Protect Our or Others’ Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Site, App and services to understand customer behavior or preferences.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
To process your personal data, we rely on certain legal grounds, depending on how you interact with our Site and App.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Tim Leader shares your personal data with:
• Third party service providers processing personal data on Tim Leader’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features. When using third party service providers we enter into agreements that require them to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
• to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
When you use certain social features on our Site or App, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your Tim Leader activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing Tim Leader’s social sharing to control what information you make available through Tim Leader’s social features.
PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Encryption & Security
We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
International Transfers of your Personal Data
Retention of your Personal Data
YOUR RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
If you have a Tim Leader account, you can opt-out of receiving Tim Leader’s marketing communications by modifying your preferences with Email into the website.
COOKIES AND PIXEL TAGS
Tim Leader collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Site such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Site through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
There are generally three categories of cookies used on our Site:
• Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
• Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Site’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
• Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Site. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
You can always change your preference by visiting the “Cookie Settings” at the bottom of each page of our Site.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser, we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Site and App more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
USING TIM LEADER SITE AND APP WITH THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Our Site and App allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our Site and App can integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking, social networks, music streaming services and other digital services.
If you choose to connect your Tim Leader account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your Tim Leader activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our Site and App may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the website or app, or the privacy practices of the website or app.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.